Monday, January 15, 2018

Post scribe Kaini beaten in Gorkha



Jan 15, 2018-Gorkha district correspondent of The Kathmandu Post, Sudip Kaini has been beaten up at Anbu Khaireni in the district on Monday.
A gang intercepted him at Anbu Khaireni while he was on his way to Marshyangdi River to cover the news of illegal sand mining, and roughed him up. He has sustained injuries in his neck. The goons also destroyed his cell phone and camera. It is learnt the attackers first deleted the photos captured by him and later smashed it.
Kaini had received inputs about the extraction of sand without tender at Marshyangdi River banks. The river borders Gorkha and Tanahu districts.
Talking over phone, Kaini said: “I am okay but my camera has been ruined. I ran to police for my protection. I came to Gorkha police station after Tanahu police station did not pay much attention to my plight.”
Police said that they have indentified the attackers and looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment